Get your Doris Five-a-Day – Graduate IT Employee blog
April 7, 2017
The Doris Five-a-Day
Five things Doris thinks you should do every day in order to maintain a healthy, successful and enjoyable work-life balance.
- Adopt or maintain a positive attitude. Get out of bed on the right side. Your attitude says everything about you and (even if you’re faking it) having a positive attitude can make your day a million times better!
- Make a cup of tea for someone else and offer to help them with something that will make their day easier. Being selfless makes people notice you and you’ll be making someone else smile for sure
- Exercise! Take the stairs instead of the lift – unless you’re on the 23rd floor, then maybe only go half way. Go to the gym, go for a walk, get your 10,000 steps a day in or go out dancing and burn those calories!
- Laugh. As they say, laughter is the best medicine. Laugh with your colleagues, family and friends. ‘Laughter strengthens your immune system, boosts mood, diminishes pain, and protects you from the damaging effects of stress.’ (https://www.helpguide.org/articles/emotional-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm)
- Go and speak to someone in person instead of sending them an email. In work we get trapped in a never ending email cycle. Doris would encourage, at least once a day, you get up and go and speak to your recipient in person instead. If you are able to do this then it can build relationships, moral, community, support and so much more.
Back to news!