28 Days Later…
March 2, 2017
During the calm after storm Doris shocked the nation this February (she won’t be forgotten in a hurry) we decided to reflect what else Doris has done in these 28 memorable days.
In a non leap year February, we are deprived of those extra couple of days in which to cram in all the work we have to do in the average month!
January plodded slowly along, then February seemed to fly by and then suddenly we’re almost a quarter of the way through the year! So, this month we decided to track what we achieved in the shortest month of the year.
It may have been the shortest month but it’s been one of our busiest.
Let’s see what we achieved in those 28 days:
- We started the month meeting with our internal team, an opportunity to get together and update each other on everything that is happening within Doris IT. We are now 60 people strong and continuing to grow so there was a lot to get through!
- We had 3 great assessment days in February too. That’s what I mean by ‘busy’ – we have many opportunities so we’re holding interviews as often as we can because we want to meet anyone who shares our drive to work hard and deliver great results. (Interested? Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- We attended some brilliant events. From Tester Gatherings to Liverpool Girl Geeks monthly Women in Tech meet up where we met the CIO of Liverpool Hospital and discussed all the challenges they face and how technology is imperative to their success. We attended the Co-operative Bank’s Charity Night in Manchester in support of The Women’s Refuge too. We also attended UK Fast’s ‘Focus on Tech’ Manchester Meet Up, held at the impressive KPMG offices, where we met like-minded tech-driven companies and universities who were talking about the future of Northern Digital Power. Entrepreneurs including Wakelet’s Jamil Kahlil and Michael Howe from Campus Capital shared their inspiring stories of starting a tech business in Manchester.
- We travelled down to the Midlands to explore new exciting opportunities for our next generation with a potential new customer. Then on #DigitalLearningDay we had a full day in Shop Direct training our team to ‘communicate with impact!’ which was insightful, educational and fun!
- We also finalised some big plans for March which will be revealed shortly and will involve some heavy lifting…
Collectively we’ve cycled 59 miles, ran 88.2km and done 6 park runs, completed 17 spinning classes, 1 Boxercise class (that was hard), 2 clubbercise classes (with glow sticks!), 6 yoga classes, 4 ‘hot fit’ circuit training classes and walked thousands of steps tracked by our iPhones including the 528 steps to the top of St Pauls Cathedral!
Doris is getting fit!
Oh and eaten at least 3 chippy teas, 2 Dominos and 6 Deliveroo takeaways (to cancel out/ reward the good work!) We’ve started (and finished) holiday diets, bought 1 engagement ring (Congratulations Chris!), received 38 Roses on Valentine’s Day, recruited 4 new Doris Team Members (more than 1 a week!) and 2 Doris team members have passed their advanced certificate qualifications (proud!)
We’ve been to 5 different countries and even braved the water rides at Blackpool Pleasure Beach (in February. Brrr!)
And to top off the month we made some great Doris pancakes, vegan and non-vegan to cater for all.
What a team we are. Let’s squeeze even more into March!!
We hope you had a productive 28 days too…
Back to news!